[theora] NHW Project - seeking for new members

Raphael Canut nhwcodec at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 22:06:03 UTC 2018

Hello,

Very sorry I made a mistake, I compared this version with an old one, not
with the previous one, and in fact results are the same, there is no
improvement actually...

Else I would like to have your opinion on how to have more visibility,
audience for the NHW Project.I suspect that big companies don't even know
that the NHW Project exists or they didn't test it because it seems too
"amateur" for them... But again according to my tests, I find the NHW
Project visually more pleasant than x265 (HEVC), it is royalty-free and it
is at least 50x faster than x265 (optimized HEVC)!

Somebody told me that it would be good if I could present the NHW Project
at conferences like FOMS 2018, FOSDEM, VideoLAN Dev Days,... Unfortunately
I won't be able to attend these conferences myself, but if some of you, who
have good knowledge of codecs domain, want to become member of the NHW
Project and want to make a presentation of the codec at these conferences,
it would be great!!! For info, if our presentation, work is selected, these
conferences pay the airline ticket and some also the accomodation.

Short, if you think you can help the NHW Project, do not hesitate to show
up!

Many thanks!
Cheers,
Raphael