[Speex-dev] SpeexDSP AEC into ffmpeg api

Mike Orth orth.mike at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 15:13:15 UTC 2016

I've looked at some partial examples and read in the pdf Manual that the
Acoustic Echo Canceller can be used outside of the speex codec as a
preprocessor.  I currently have a java app that uses the ffmpeg api for
live streaming. I'm exploring integrating echo cancellation & I'd like to
use the speexdsp AEC by mapping a javacpp library to communicate between
java & speex.  Audio quality is important, using  44.1/16 stereo.

Inserting AEC into the audio chain, it would be similar to:  Java (raw
audio bits) --> speexdsp AEC --> java --> ffmpeg --> server

My questions:

1) Is this possible/feasible?
2) would AEC return PCM audio at the same sample/bit rate at which it was
given?

Any other examples/information would be appreciated.

Cheers!