[Speex-dev] Need for help for audio compression in embedded system (iMote2)

Mashal al-shboul shboul8989 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 28 15:49:44 PST 2012

Hi All,
   I am a new member to the speex-dev mailing list. i hope that u receive the help that i've been searching for.
I need to compress audio samples captured by wireless sensor node (16-bit PCM at 8Khz). can i use speex for such an embedded system environment that has the following HW/SW specifications:

-416 MHz Microprocessor(ARM architecture, Intel Xscale family)

-32 MB RAM
Beside that,i can use C language for developmnet.

Do these specifications work for
compressing the captured audio samples so that i get them in smaller
size for wireless transmission?

  Any Help or Advice Is Very Appreciated

Regards.
Mash'al
Jordan Univeristy Of science and Technology(JUST)