[Speex-dev] Need For Help about audio data compression

Mashal al-shboul shboul8989 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 16 14:38:48 PST 2012

Hi all,
I am new to the mailing list , and i need your help.
i want to compress audio raw data (PCM) after i have captured them in (sensor) and get them as 16-bit integr samples.
that is, when i capture voice for,say, 1 second, i get an array of 8 kilo sample, and I NEED TO COMPRESS THIS SO THAT I GET A SMALLER SIZE BEFORE I TRANSMIT THEM WIRELESSLY.
Does Speex allow me to such compression ?

Any help is very appreciated, Thanks in advance

Regards,
Mash'al.
Jordan