[Speex-dev] fix cpu load...

Michael Grønager gronager at mac.com
Sun Jul 10 05:26:55 PDT 2011

Dear Speex list.

I have used speex for a while for an iPhone project and find the load when doing simultaneous encode and decode in WB quite high. Specially if you keep the line busy both ways - like e.g. playing music (I know speex is not meant for that, but the customer tend to do so anyway...).

Is there some way I can cap the CPU load of the WB mode - e.g. by choosing another quality or playing with the wb_submodes ? I assume that speex gets stressed trying to parse music into "voice" and hence uses more CPU - bad music would be preferred over high CPU load though...

Alternative lower compression, if that could save on the CPU...

Thanks in advance!

Michael