[Speex-dev] AEC seems to distort voice

Niels Werensteijn niels at teamspeak-systems.de
Thu Jan 13 05:31:32 PST 2011

A coworker pointed out an related issue on the mailing list. It
contained a hint to the solution. I did not set a sampling rate on the
canceler.

example code:

int sampleRate = 32000;
speex_echo_ctl(echoState, SPEEX_ECHO_SET_SAMPLING_RATE, &sampleRate);

In my defense, the need to do this was not specified in the manuals I
read (like http://www.speex.org/docs/manual/speex-manual ). Perhaps a
mention of this is warranted there?

Regards,
Niels