[Speex-dev] stream encoded in big-endian machine and then decoded in little-endian machine

Allen Guan allenguan at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 21:50:34 PST 2011

Hi, all,

I have a question about encoding/decoding in big/little endian
machines. I have a client running in an old PowerBook G4 with
big-endian CPU, the audio stream is encoded then transmitted to a Mac
Mini with little-endian CPU, and decoded in this Mac Mini. I am
wondering the decoded stream is in big-endian or little-endian? What
kind of necessary steps I need to process when I build the speex
library for this purpose?

Any comments are welcome, thanks in advance.

-Allen