[Speex-dev] Denoise causing drain pipe effect in audio

John Ridges jridges at masque.com
Fri Jun 4 12:39:46 PDT 2010

Actually, if you have a second microphone that captures just the noise
(perhaps a directional mic pointed away from the announcer), and the
sound path between that microphone and the primary microphone is linear,
then JM has already done the work for you. Just use the AEC and plug the
"noise" microphone into where you would normally plug in the speaker on
the AEC (and delay the primary microphone by at least the speed of sound
time between the two microphones).

John Ridges