[Speex-dev] Decoding multiple frames

Peter Kirk peter.kirk at gmx.de
Sat Feb 27 05:41:49 PST 2010

> However, when I receive the encoded chunk at the decoder side, I don't know
> how large the output buffer should be since the DTX and VAD is turned on
I don't think either DTX or VAD should change the output size, only the input
size (from the decoders perspective) will change. So, if you know you are
sending 1/4 of a second of sound every time and you are using wide-band speex
(16kHz) on 16bit sound data, that gives you 1/4 * 16000 * 2 = 8000 bytes of
output data...

Peter