[Speex-dev] running speex on c5505 usb sticki

Randy Yates yates at ieee.org
Fri Apr 9 10:34:31 PDT 2010

Oh my.

The c:/Program Files/Speex/libspeex.lib file is a Windows/x86 library
file. The code within this files is not C55x binary but x86 binary.
Further, the format of a Windows/x86 library file is different from that
produced by the C55x code generation tools' archive utility, and that is
what the linker is complaining about.

As far as I know, there is no pre-developed C55x speex library, so
you'll have to build it yourself.

--Randy

Vijay Gabale <vijay.gabale at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I am currently working on C5505 USB stick
> http://focus.ti.com/docs/toolsw/folders/print/tmdx5505ezdsp.html to sample
> input voice and encode it. For compiling and buring usual programs, I am
> using CCStudio 4.0.
>
> For encoding voice samples, I am using Speex codec binary
> http://downloads.xiph.org/releases/speex/speex-1.2beta3-win32.zip or
> http://downloads.us.xiph.org/releases/speex/speex_win32_1.0.4_setup.exe. I
> could include "speex/speex.h" without any compilation error.
>
> But as soon as I insert any speex function call like
> "speex_bits_init(&bits)", the linker throws error something like this "error:
> Corrupt member header: 'C:/Program Files/Speex/libspeex/libspeex.lib'" I
> have included following things for compilation and linking in CC Studio IDE:
>
> 1. project -> properties -> C5500 compiler -> include options : added path
> to speex/speex.h
>
> 2. project -> properties -> c5500 linker -> fie search path : added
> libspeex.lib and added path "c:/Program Files/Speex/libspeex" to
> library-search-path.
>
> Any ideas as to how to make speex code work with C5505 USB stick. The error
> I have mentioned seems to be linking error.
>
> Awaiting your replies.
>
> Vijay

Randy Yates                      % "She's sweet on Wagner-I think she'd die for Beethoven.
Digital Signal Labs              %  She love the way Puccini lays down a tune, and
mailto://yates@ieee.org          %  Verdi's always creepin' from her room."
http://www.digitalsignallabs.com % "Rockaria", *A New World Record*, ELO