[Speex-dev] running speex on c5505 usb sticki

Vijay Gabale vijay.gabale at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 05:22:45 PDT 2010

Hi,

I am currently working on C5505 USB stick
http://focus.ti.com/docs/toolsw/folders/print/tmdx5505ezdsp.html to sample
input voice and encode it. For compiling and buring usual programs, I am
using CCStudio 4.0.

For encoding voice samples, I am using Speex codec binary
http://downloads.xiph.org/releases/speex/speex-1.2beta3-win32.zip or
http://downloads.us.xiph.org/releases/speex/speex_win32_1.0.4_setup.exe. I
could include "speex/speex.h" without any compilation error.

But as soon as I insert any speex function call like
"speex_bits_init(&bits)", the linker throws error something like this "error:
Corrupt member header: 'C:/Program Files/Speex/libspeex/libspeex.lib'" I
have included following things for compilation and linking in CC Studio IDE:

1. project -> properties -> C5500 compiler -> include options : added path
to speex/speex.h

2. project -> properties -> c5500 linker -> fie search path : added
libspeex.lib and added path "c:/Program Files/Speex/libspeex" to
library-search-path.

Any ideas as to how to make speex code work with C5505 USB stick. The error
I have mentioned seems to be linking error.

Awaiting your replies.

Vijay