[Speex-dev] speex resampler

Greger Burman greger at mobile-robotics.com
Wed May 6 06:38:47 PDT 2009

I'm trying to understand a bit more about the inner workings of the speex
resampler.
I want to do resampling on a voip stream. High quality and low latency is
important.
1) What does speex_resampler_magic() do?
2) I find that resampling has quite an impact on performance and I'm trying
to figure out where the cpu cycles are going and see what can be done to
reduce the cost. I ran a profile a while ago. From what I remember there
appeared to be dynamic memory allocation going on. Any comments on that?
Sorry that I can't be more specific, I need to run the profile again to get
the details.
--
Greger