[Speex-dev] Resample UltraWideBand to NarrowBand

Jim Crichton jim.crichton at comcast.net
Wed Mar 18 08:14:32 PDT 2009

The resampler will convert raw audio from one sample rate to another.  You are starting with Speex-encoded audio frames.  So, what you need to do is:

1.  Run the media frames through the Speex decoder (look at Speexdec or testenc_uwb).  This will give you raw audio with a 32 KHz sample rate.
2.  Use the resampler to convert the audio from 32 KHz to 8 KHz sample rate.
3.  Run the 8KHz audio through a G711 encoder.

For the narrowband case, Asterisk is doing steps 1 and 3.