[Speex-dev] Speech switching in speakerphone?t

Jean-Marc Valin jean-marc.valin at usherbrooke.ca
Tue Jun 23 16:14:51 PDT 2009

Johan Nilsson a écrit :
>> What happens if you make SPEEX_PREPROCESS_SET_ECHO_SUPPRESS_ACTIVE less
>> aggressive. Does it end up with too much echo or it just doesn't realise
>> that it's in double-talk conditions?
> My impression is that it does not make much difference on the timing to
> set this parameter less aggressive. Depending on the how loud the
> near end is talking it may detect double talk but most often it does not
> detect double talk and near end is suppressed by amount of ECHO_SUPRESS.

The only thing it *could* have help for is making the clipping less
severe, but apparently the proprocessor thinks there's no double-talk.

> I think the residual echo estimation is fairly reliable but I do not know
> how to use this to improve Pframe and in that way solve our main problem
> with the gain during near end talk.

How can you tell that the residual echo estimation is reliable? in any
case, I suspect that the whole Pframe idea might have to be revised
(i.e. computing it completely differently or even not having a Pframe at

> Our main problem with the poor reliability during near end talk is what we
> need to find a solution to now.

OK, I'll have to think about it. At this point I'm not sure what to do
here. If you find anything, I'm definitely interested.