[Speex-dev] AEC Troubles

Julien Beltzung julien.beltzung at covalia.com
Wed Dec 16 07:15:22 PST 2009

Hello,

We are experiencing a few problems with Speex AEC. We are using it to
process audio data on a real time stream over IP with Speex codec (frame
size = 320).

We initialize the echo state like this :

SpeexEchoState * echo_state;
echo_state = speex_echo_state_init(320,512);

int sr = 16000;
speex_echo_ctl(echo_state,    SPEEX_ECHO_SET_SAMPLING_RATE,&sr);

We are not really sure about the values in parameters, please tell us if
you see something wrong about them.

we process the data like this :

speex_echo_cancellation(echo_state,target,source,out);

the output stream is almost the same as the input one, meaning there is
not a really efficient echo cancellation when we use this.

What do you think could go wrong here?

PS : we are using Speex 1.2 RC1

We're looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards.

Julien Beltzung.