[Speex-dev] streaming speex frames

Barbas, Fabien Fabien.Barbas at nuance.com
Mon Aug 31 09:25:30 PDT 2009

Hi,

	I want to stream a file encoded in speex frame by frame (like a
phone). I don't want to decode it, nor encode it. I have a speex file on
disk and need to stream it one frame at a time. Speex frame size are
dynamic (silence is compressed, VBR, etc.) so I need the speex
specification to know how to read different frame "types".

	I've looked at the speex manual, but it's an API manual. Where
can I look for such information? I don't mind using speex API (or binary
reading), but I'm not sure it's what I need. I have also read that speex
*may* be encoded in Ogg container. Is it always the case? If so, I guess
I shouldn't mind about speex and focus on Ogg.

	If anybody has an example for reading speex stream by frames, I
would be thankful.

Thank you,
Fabien