[Speex-dev] Echo Cancellation not working on WinCE

Tim Na hna at alu.edu
Thu Sep 11 21:40:40 PDT 2008

I am working on AEC on windows Vista/XP and I tried all sort of calibration with WaveIn/Out API but it seems they are useless for speex AEC on those platform.
You can search thru this mailing list thread to find that even a little difference between input and output frame rate (may not be accruate explanation) would make speex echo cancellation useless.
Currently I am looking into using DMO interface from Windows SDK which already provides AEC function. I was running some test on DMO's AEC and it seems to be working in vista, hopely it does on XP as well. Not sure if it is also provided for WinCE.

Tim