[Speex-dev] Jitter buffer latency

Andy Ngo ndno72-speex at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 11 14:27:24 PST 2008

Hi,

Our project is using the jitter buffer feature built in Speex.  We noticed there are some latency when using the jitter buffer.  Does anyone know what is the "worst case" latency inherent in the jitter buffer algorithm?  I believe someone already mentioned that it's adaptive but is there a worst case hard number (in terms of 20ms Speex frames)?  I'm not familiar with the jitter buffer code (there doesn't seem to be any white paper on the jitter buffer feature); is there a way to strink the "late" and "early" bin number to keep the latency in check?  Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Andy