[Speex-dev] Speex

Jim Crichton jim.crichton at comcast.net
Fri Apr 11 13:30:53 PDT 2008

Jeronimo,

Oops, that's right, the file is 16-bit mono.  I use Goldwave to play the headerless files.  I am sure that you can force the settings in many other players.  If you want to work with wav files, then look at speexenc, speexdec, and wav_io in the /src directory.

The .dat file is just a sequence of encoded Speex 8kbps frames (20 bytes every 20ms).

- Jim