[Speex-dev] Speex

Jerónimo Costa jerocostab at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 03:42:55 PDT 2008

 <speex-dev at xiph.org>
Hi all,

I'm a begginer with DSP and i need your help and suggestions.
I'm trying to use the Speex and a DSP DM642 to implement a solution with
voice! I'm using the 1.2 beta 3 distribution and the TI's Code Composer
Studio v3.1 simulator. I coosed speex_C64_test.pjt and modified the
speex_C64_test.cmd to only use the DM642 external RAM memory.
I'm not sure about the input file, the speex file and the output
file formats. The README file refers that the input file is a headerless
16-bit stereo audio file, derived from the male.wav test file (
http://www.speex.org/samples/male.wav). Is it correct? Or is it a headerless
16-bit mono audio? How can i listen the output file? is there any player to
play it? Or do i have to reconstruct its header and add it to the output
file? How can i do this?

Thanks.
                    Jeronimo.