[Speex-dev] Libspeex splitting attempt

Jean-Marc Valin jean-marc.valin at usherbrooke.ca
Mon Sep 17 16:28:53 PDT 2007

Hi,

A while ago I mentioned I was considering splitting libspeex into two
parts. I'm attaching a patch that does exactly that, but I haven't
applied it to svn because I first want to have some feedback. That patch
leaves the codec in libspeex and moves the other stuff (jitter buffer,
AEC, preprocessor, ...) to libspeexvoip (I'm open to suggestions on
better names).

Some of the things I had to do to be able to split are:
- Remove the vorbis-psy tuning because I no longer have an fft in the codec
- Remove the Speex-specific jitter buffer (but kept the generic one)
because it was the only part of libspeexvoip requiring the codec.
- The content of misc.c and math_approx.c was moved to the header files
as inline functions (misc.c and math_approx.c no longer exist).

Any comments, suggestions? Does that break anything I hadn't thought
about? Any reason it shouldn't be done? ...

Cheers,