[Speex-dev] draft-ietf-avt-rtp-speex-01.txt

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 01:40:45 PDT 2007

I believe that if you put something under the Public Domain in Canada,
it becomes Public Domain elsewhere.  Or else, people wouldn't be able
to use the Creative Commons Public Attribution License worldwide.

Anyhow, not important.

On 6/2/07, Jean-Marc Valin <jean-marc.valin at usherbrooke.ca> wrote:
> So because of that we're supposed to hide the fact that something is
> free/open source software? I'm sorry, but it's the main *point* of
> writing Speex.

What?  No, no.  I didn't mean to hide it.  I just meant not mention it
as its main selling point.  I believe Speex has far more advantages
other than being a free software project, and in my experience that's
what companies care for.  Anyway, it was merely a suggestion.  You
don't agree with it, and I accept your decision.

-Ivo