[Speex-dev] Decoder and discarded frames..., system hangs

Jean-Marc Valin jean-marc.valin at usherbrooke.ca
Fri Jun 1 18:46:46 PDT 2007

You need to let the know packets are missing so it can generate
something meaningful instead. Otherwise, you'll also have less packets
to play, which means "something" has to be inserted (zeros, clicks, the
content of the kernel memory, ...) instead.

As for crashing, it shouldn't happen and I wouldn't be surprised if it
had more to do with a soundcard underrun occuring from the fact you're
not replacing the packets by anything.

	Jean-Marc