[Speex-dev] Speex and RTP

Jean-Marc Valin jean-marc.valin at usherbrooke.ca
Mon Feb 5 17:24:39 PST 2007

> 1. Missing definition of M_PI if it's undefined (and it is on this
> platform)

Just fixed it in svn. Thanks.

> 2. In speex_resampler_process_int, the compliler can't determine the
> value of *in_len and *out_len at compile time and thus determine the
> size of the x and y arrays.

Yes, it's still an annoyance that MS can't figure out how to write a C99
compiler :-(  I'll (eventually) "fix" that by falling back on alloca()
and/or malloc().

> I've resolved these issues locally with quick and obvious hacks and when
> I get a chance I'll integrate your resampler into some code of ours and
> see how it goes. We're currently using a combination of my own
> resampling code (for simple cases) and the Windows ACM Library (which
> yields poor results, no filtering as far as I can tell) so your
> development of this functionality is quite timely for us (thanks :) ).

I wouldn't be surprised if it was yet another library that thinks linear
interpolation is OK (hint to all audio library developers it NOT). One
of the main reason why I wrote this resampler is that I'm really tired
of hearing aliasing coming from linear interpolation resamplers. Anyway,
let me know how it works for you and if there's anything else that needs
to be fixed.

	Jean-Marc