[Speex-dev] Getting at the LPC coefficients

Bernie Roehl broehl at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 13:41:51 PST 2007

Hi everyone!

It's my first time posting to this list, and I've got a fairly technical
question.

I'm interested in doing phoneme extraction, and one of the first steps in
the algorithm I'm planning to use is to get the LPC coefficients for an
input frame.  Since Speex is CELP-based, the coefficients must be generated
in there somewhere.  I've tried digging around in the source code, but I'm
finding it slow going.  Does anyone know if there's an easy way to get at
the data?

Alternatively, is the format of the compressed Speex packets documented
anywhere?  I could probably extract the coefficients from the packets
themselves.

Any suggestions are much appreciated!  Thanks!

--
   Bernie Roehl
   Software Consultant
   Mail: broehl at gmail.com