[Speex-dev] Speex crashing on ARM with assembler optimization enabled.

Alexander Chemeris Alexander.Chemeris at sipez.com
Wed Dec 12 14:21:58 PST 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to get speex working on an ARM board (ARM926EJ-Sid(wb) core,
ARM 5TE architecture) and getting segfaults if build with "--enable-fixed-point
--enable-arm5e-asm" options. If I use just "--enable-fixed-point", then
it runs fine, but once I add "--enable-arm5e-asm" it start crashing
(I use testenc to test it).

Further investigation showed, that it does not crash, if I enable arm asm
but disable both VAR_ARRAYS and USE_ALLOCA in config.h.

This tested with speex svn rev13928 and with 1.2beta3 (svn rev14298).
gcc version is 4.2.0

I guess it may be some alignment problem or so, like with MS compilers?
Did anyone had same problems? Any good ideas and directions where to
look and debug are welcome.

--
Regards,
Alexander Chemeris.