[Speex-dev] Speex crashing on ARM with assembler optimization enabled.

Alexander Chemeris Alexander.Chemeris at sipez.com
Wed Dec 12 14:21:58 PST 2007

I'm trying to get speex working on an ARM board (ARM926EJ-Sid(wb) core,
ARM 5TE architecture) and getting segfaults if build with "--enable-fixed-point
--enable-arm5e-asm" options. If I use just "--enable-fixed-point", then
it runs fine, but once I add "--enable-arm5e-asm" it start crashing
(I use testenc to test it).

Further investigation showed, that it does not crash, if I enable arm asm
but disable both VAR_ARRAYS and USE_ALLOCA in config.h.

This tested with speex svn rev13928 and with 1.2beta3 (svn rev14298).
gcc version is 4.2.0

I guess it may be some alignment problem or so, like with MS compilers?
Did anyone had same problems? Any good ideas and directions where to
look and debug are welcome.

Alexander Chemeris.

SIP VoIP, IM and Presence Consulting
tel: +1 (617) 273-4000