[Speex-dev] Patch to make libogg detection a bit smarter

Alexander Chemeris Alexander.Chemeris at sipez.com
Wed Dec 12 06:43:15 PST 2007

Hi,

This patch make libogg detection a bit smarter if you're trying
to cross-compile. What I want is to be able cross-compile Speex
without OGG - right now it is not possible without som hacking
of Speex build scripts, because if cross-compiling enabled
speex silently assume that you have libogg compiled and installed.
Such behaviour was used (as far as I could imagine) because
with AC_TRY_RUN() syntax it is the simplest way. My patch try to link
with libogg with AC_TRY_LINK() first and only if it succeed it
go with AC_TRY_RUN(). So, if you do not have libogg compiled
and installed, test will fail. In other cases it should behave
the same way as before.

--
Regards,
Alexander Chemeris.