[Speex-dev] speex/aec and vad

Jean-Marc Valin jean-marc.valin at usherbrooke.ca
Mon Dec 3 17:27:53 PST 2007

Hi Aymeric,

> 2 questions:

I count 4 :-)

>  * Do you "feel" that the current svn is enough stable

Yes. I'm planning on releasing it as 1.2beta3 this week. Even in normal
time, I try to keep svn in good shape so it is almost always better than
the last release. And even when it breaks, Speex bugs tend to be very
obvious and easy to reproduce (no segfaults that happen once a day or
anything like that).

>  * Does the svn contains improvments for VAD?

I don't think so. You should just try it and see how it works for you.

>  * Does the svn contains improvments for AEC?

No.

>  * Any other main difference between svn and 1.2beta2

The main changes are:
- The library got split into libspeex and libspeexdsp
- Many fixed-point improvements (e.g. libspeex can be built with no
float support at all)
- Rewrite of the jitter buffer decision algorithm (and change in the API)
- Major bugfix in the resampler

The AEC and preprocessor have not been touched, except for moving them
to libspeexdsp.