[Speex-dev] speex/aec and vad

Aymeric Moizard jack at atosc.org
Mon Dec 3 05:43:11 PST 2007

Hi Jean-Marc and list,

I'm in the process of updating speex to a newer version. My
goal is to choose the best version mainly to improve the aec.

I want mainly to choose between 1.2beta2 and current svn.

It seems 1.2beta2 has some good improvments for aec (reading
text from speex download page: "converge faster, be robust
and tolerant of incorrect capture-playback synchronisation".)

However, the "VAD has been replaced by a hack pending a
complete rewrite" is still in the 1.2beta2 and my audio
management highly depends on it...

2 questions:
  * Do you "feel" that the current svn is enough stable
  * Does the svn contains improvments for VAD?
  * Does the svn contains improvments for AEC?
  * Any other main difference between svn and 1.2beta2

Any advise,
Aymeric MOIZARD / ANTISIP
amsip - http://www.antisip.com
osip2 - http://www.osip.org