[Speex-dev] bad VAD in preprocessor of version 1.2beta1

jesus jmorion at toomeeting.com
Thu Sep 7 08:31:49 PDT 2006

Hello, first of all, sorry for the joke in the subject ;-)

I have successfully update the speex library my software was using from
1.1.12 to 1.2beta1 (1.1.13).

It is a VoIP software, where i set preprocessor VAD on and use the
result of speex_preprocess() to determine if there is voice activity.

I must say that it works fine...since i have update to the new version.

Ive been testing, and discover that with my noisy microphone and me in
silence, it returns that there is voice activity, and when i activate
mic boost in my sound card (more noise) it returns no voice activity!!! :-S

In both cases, the denoise filter works fine.

I've seen in speex_compute_vad() source that there are only one change
from last version in line 395.
I remember that it was a bug reported in this list, are you sure the
change is correct? or is the error in other place of speex_preprocess()?

thank you by MJM.