[Speex-dev] Best way to compress *many* .spx files

Anders Johansen home at dduck.dk
Thu Oct 5 11:49:56 PDT 2006

Hi,

I am using a digitized voice with a vocabulary of some 350.000 words.
Converting them from WAV to Speex obviously cut down the size a lot,
but I find that some more compression could be done. Specifically I
collect the resulting files in one big container file, and that one
compresses quite well (from about 600MB to about 130MB). I expect
that is due to redundant data in the headers and other OGG container
artifacts (framing etc.).

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Sincerely,
   Anders S. Johansen