[Speex-dev] Best way to compress *many* .spx files

Andras Kadinger bandit at surfnonstop.com
Fri Oct 6 08:20:26 PDT 2006

Choose or invent a container format that has less overhead than the one
you currently use, and that contains only elements necessary in your
application.

Or, store multiple words (or maybe even the whole corpus) in the same
Speex file, and then seek to the right position before playing back, and
only play back as much as you need to (the word).

You aren't trying to make a speech synthesizer by any chance though?