[Speex-dev] ltp.c best_pitch vs. pitch

Jean-Marc Valin jean-marc.valin at usherbrooke.ca
Thu Oct 5 02:17:10 PDT 2006

> In LTP.C function pitch_search_3tap, after searching for the best
> pitch candidate, the function returns the last pitch candidate rather
> than the best pitch candidate, is this normal?

Quite interesting indeed. Even more interesting is the fact that (unless
I misses something), the value is later copied to an array, but it never
actually used! I guess it's a relic of experimental stuff that never
made it into the final encoder. I'll have a closer look and will
probably end up removing that (useless) bit of code completely.

Thanks for digging in the code and pointing that out!