[Speex-dev] Quick survey for Speex 1.2

lianghu xu lianghu.xu at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 18:27:25 PST 2006

Hi All,

Another issue is the memory allocations distributed so many places that it's
hard to provide a single memory initial function interface.

In a VoIP case on ARM, the total memory size for speex codec should be known
at the inital stage since  all the  memories are allocated
at the initial stage.

In my current implementation, all the memory allocations are collected
together to form one big structure like below,

typedef struct  {

   EncState                    enc_state;

   char                           stack[NB_ENC_STACK];

   spx_word16_t winBuf[80];

   spx_word16_t excBuf[612];

   spx_word16_t swBuf[612];

   spx_word16_t lagWindow[22];

   int                              pitch[16];

   VBRState                   vbr;

} speex_encoder_memory;
The structure defined above is used to allocate all memories after call the
initial function.

The problem here is the size of the structure which is very large(160k
Word32) for wb which is unacceptable for ARM.

Any suggestion?

Regards,

Lianghu