[Speex-dev] Same bitrates on narrowband for quality 3/4, 5/6, 7/8?

Mon Mar 27 14:10:09 PST 2006

Hi,

Quality settings 3/4, 5/6 and 7/8 are *exactly* the same as they map to
the same mode internally. The reason for that is simply that a 0-10
scale for quality is convenient, but for narrowband (unlike wideband),
there are only 8 modes available, so some must be repeated.

	Jean-Marc