[Speex-dev] How to get audio data from microphone on pocketPC ?

patrick andrieux patrick.andrieux at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 02:54:24 PDT 2006

Hi jere,

thanks for this link, i'll see if i can do something good with that.

speex.dll :
-----------
I have a speex.dll which work, and i can encode and decode a wav file.
(i used male.wav on speex.org for my test).
But my dll is specific to my softphone.
In fact i just include speex.h and i call speex functions for [en;de]coding.
My code is based on speex website's sample :
http://www.speex.org/manual2/node12.html

Basically, In my GUI in C#, i import the functions i wrote in my dll
and in my dll, i call the speex's functions.

For creating C++ dll for ppc, you'll maybe need this link :
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnppcgen/html/device_debug_vs2005.asp

in your speex.dll properties you have to add :
 - linker/input, add libspeex.lib in "additional dependencies"
 - C/C++/General, add the path to speex source in "additional include
directories"

libspeex.lib :
--------------
you can download lib for ppc on speex's website (ARMV4 release build (from
1.1.6 source)) :
http://www.speex.org/olddownload.html
but it's old version.

or if you download the latest source code of speex here :
http://www.speex.org/download.html
you could compile libspeex.lib for ppc.
in directory "win32/libspeex" open the project with visual studio
(i use visual studio 2005)

in VS2005, choose buid/configuration manager
in active solution platform, choose <new..>
then select smartphone (ARMV4)
compile... normally you should have libspeex.lib in the debug directory.

Patrick .