[Speex-dev] speex and omap

Jim Crichton jim.crichton at comcast.net
Sun Jul 30 04:30:40 PDT 2006

Alexy,

The example build in the TI directory is built using Code Composer.  There
is a readme in the top level Speex directory that describes the process.  It
is simple after you have installed code composer, and it runs directly on
the TI simulator, using file I/O.  I am not using OMAP or DSP Gateway in my
application, but it should work well for you.  I think that others would
also want to use that configuration, so please tell us how this works out
for you.  Maybe someone could provide an alternate example build that works
with DSP Gateway, or you could do this after you have it working.  This
would make it possible for future users to run Speex on their OMAP DSP
without doing any DSP development at all.

For those that do not know, the OMAP series have and ARM core and C5x DSP on
a single chip.  DSP Gateway provides a generic mechanism for communicating
between the two.

There is no reason why you could not use the Linux ti_dsptools, but I have
not done this, so I do not have a makefile for it.  There is a free 90-day
evaluation version of Code Composer Studio, and you could use this to get
things working, and switch over to ti_dsptools later if you choose.

- Jim