[Speex-dev] Noisy sound quality with Blackfin in WB-mode

Tue Oct 25 05:17:48 PDT 2005

Hi Bernhard,

Can you confirm I'm understanding everything correctly? You encode with
the same encoder and then decode with either A) blackfin assembly and
fixed-point or B) fixed-point only on Blackfin. Then A) sounds bad and
B) sounds good. If you do the same in narrowband, it sounds OK. Is that
correct? If that's the case, it's *probably* some kind of bug and/or
invalid assumption in the blackfin assembly. Could you check if that
happens on all wideband modes (and none of the narrowband modes)? Also,
testing with 1.1.10 would help (in case I broke something in svn).

	Jean-Marc