[Speex-dev] Help:Speex/Programming Beginner

Mo Win mowin.dev at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 05:17:32 PDT 2005

Hi all,

I'm interested in creating a speex app for Pocket PC devices but first, I'm
not (yet) a programmer nor a techie person so even though I read through the
whole manual twice, I'm still not sure exactly what I should do. Please
help!

For starters, I just want to convert a wave file into a speex file using the
speexenc/speexdec utilities or whatever else is available.

I downloaded speex 1.1.10 and opened the speexenc workspace in Visual Studio
and tried to build it but it generated errors. something about ogg.h not
being found. so I downloaded libogg and copied the ogg include files, then
rebuilt... only to get more errors. I know I might not be doing anything
sensible here but I just don't know where to start... I'm trying to
understand how this works... could you guys advise me on what to do?

I've had a little C programming in high school but that's abt it for my
background. I'm willing to learn and thanks for any tips.

Sincerely,
Monica (a desperate freshman!!!)