[Speex-dev] Changing the meaning of jitter buffer timestamp

Wed Oct 5 04:53:40 PDT 2005

> what happens if this number flows over? It is just a "int", so it might reach
> its limits at 2^15 = 32768, that happens after 102 puts...

I would say that an int is 32 bits :-) Actually, RTP defines the
timestamp as a 32-bit value. Now, what happens when it overflows (3 days
for narrowband), I don't know what the RFC says about it.

> In my current
> implementation I do "((long)packetCounter * 20) % 32760", but speex doesn't
> like me starting over at zero, and resets the buffer (every 32 seconds)...How
> to do it right?

Why do you insist on having considering only 16 bits?