[Speex-dev] Changing the meaning of jitter buffer timestamp

Peter Kirk pwk.linuxfan at gmx.de
Wed Oct 5 04:25:48 PDT 2005

On Saturday 01 October 2005 09:19, Jean-Marc Valin wrote:
> I just changed the meaning of the timestamp in the jitter buffer. If you
> don't know what I'm talking about, then you're not affected. If you do
> use the jitter buffer, than you will need to change your code
> accordingly, so instead of bumping the timestamp by 20 (ms) for each
> frame, you'll have to increase by 160 (samples) for narrowband or 320
> for wideband. The new meaning should be closer to what RTP does (and not
> have fractional value for sample rates like 44.1 kHz).

Hi,

what happens if this number flows over? It is just a "int", so it might reach
its limits at 2^15 = 32768, that happens after 102 puts...In my current
implementation I do "((long)packetCounter * 20) % 32760", but speex doesn't
like me starting over at zero, and resets the buffer (every 32 seconds)...How
to do it right?

Peter
--
The absent ones are always at fault.