[Speex-dev] Compiling libspeex for Blackfin

Adriano Vilela Barbosa adriano_vilela at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 4 06:10:38 PDT 2005

Hi Jean,

First, I would like to thank for the prompt reply.

Basically, what I have to do is to run a speex coder/decoder on a
Blackfin processor, on top of the microC/OS II kernel. I wish I could
use uclinux, since I'm familiar with Linux, but this doesn't depend on
me.

You said that the assembly code is written for gcc, not for
VisualDSP++. Furthermore, in the link you sent me, the instructions
refer to compiling for gcc & uclinux. Based on this, I have some
questions:

1. Is it possible to compile the library in VisualDSP++? If so, do I
have to generate a makefile or there is some way of using the makefile
used by gcc?

2. Can I compile the library using the gcc toolchain available at
http://blackfin.uclinux.org/ and use it even if the the coder (which
will use the library functions) is not going to be run on uclinux?

I really appreciate your help. Thank you very much.

Adriano