[Speex-dev] Optimized Codecs for Blackfin DSP

Wed Mar 23 13:59:28 PST 2005

Hi,

> Thank you. I will try it. Do you know some G.72x, GSM, and iLBC
> optimized for Blackfin ? I mean open source.

Outside of GSM full-rate (13 kbps, poor quality), none of these codecs
can ever have open-source implementations due to patent issues. In the
case of iLBC, you can have a free (not open-source) license if you
register, but it's only for the floating-point version AFAIK.

Jean-Marc Valin <Jean-Marc.Valin at USherbrooke.ca>
Université de Sherbrooke