[Speex-dev] Re: Denoising only

Scott Searcy dr.searcy at cheerful.com
Wed Mar 23 10:20:03 PST 2005

Hi,

I don't think this is the right list but since it is the only speex related list on the XIPH list, her it goes.
Flame away if you wish or, if your feeling generous, tell me what list to post on.

How do you "denoise" only without compressing the file? The documentation implies it is possible. It says on page 9 of manual.pdf,

"The denoiser can be used to reduce the amount of background noise present in the input signal. This provides higher quality speech whether or not the denoised signal is encoded with Speex (or at all)."

So how do you denoise without compressing?

Sincerely,
Scott Searcy

Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
http://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm