[Speex-dev] Improving memory allocation

Tom Harper tharper at sightspeed.com
Thu Mar 3 13:50:19 PST 2005

Hi Jean Marc,

re:
At 11:06 AM 3/3/2005, Jean-Marc Valin wrote:
>Are there many people who cannot compile the following (valid C99)
>program?

I don't think visual c++ 6.0, .Net or any other msft compiler in existence
will handle this properly.  Msft has pushed off C99 support indefinitely,
from what I understand.  Also didn't work on the intel compiler last
time I checked (v. 8.1).

The way this has been dealt with on another C99 compliant project I
fiddle with regularly is that you have to build on windows using mingw,
which inevitably will lead to lots of annoying questions about how to
compile on windoze...

In order to make things work with vc++ many ifdefs may be required....
Hope that helps?

Tom