[Speex-dev] Improving memory allocation

Thu Mar 3 11:06:20 PST 2005

Hi,

I'm currently working on improving the allocation of temporary data to
allow allocation directly on the (real) stack instead of my
pseudo-stack. I'll probably leave the old allocator available as an
option for compilers that don't understand variable-size arrays, but I'd
like to have an idea of how many people it affects.

Are there many people who cannot compile the following (valid C99)
program?

int main()
{
        int i=1;
        float f[i];
}

Jean-Marc Valin <Jean-Marc.Valin at USherbrooke.ca>
Universite de Sherbrooke