[Speex-dev] More integer / ARM-specific optimizations

ndno72-speex at yahoo.com ndno72-speex at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 27 17:44:35 PDT 2005

Dear Speex Developers,

We are currently using the basics features of Speex
1.1.10 on our little embedded ARM processor and it
works great!  However, we hit a brick-wall when trying
to use echo cancellation or the pre-processor; our CPU
(no FPU) jumped to above 90%.  Are there any plans in
the immediate future to optimize the VAD/DTX and
pre-processor code of Speex (convert to fixed-point,
ARM optimization, etc.)?  I can convince the company
whose is sponsoring my project to donate some money
into your cause.  Thank you and keep up the wonderful
Speex work.

Andy