[Speex-dev] More integer / ARM-specific optimizations

Mon Jun 27 20:33:08 PDT 2005

Hi,

There are long-term plans to have everything (including echo canceller
and preprocessor) to fixed-point. However, I cannot say when/if that
will happen. While the VAD/DTX should be too hard (even a decent float
emulator will work), echo canceller and preprocessor would require quite
a bit of work.

Just to have an idea of how Speex does, would you mind sharing the
results you have on ARM? More specifically:
-ARM version, speed
-Complexity, bit-rate used
-Percentage of CPU required
-Compile flags/configure options