[Speex-dev] Experimental psycho-acoustic model

Wed Dec 28 00:07:55 PST 2005

Hi everyone,

For those who like to play with experimental stuff, I've got something
new to test. If you compile with --enable-vorbis-psy , Speex uses a
variant of the Vorbis psycho-acoustic model to shape the coding noise.
So far, I've obtained a slight increase in quality, but I'm interested
in feedback from others. This still needs a lot of tuning and has
received only a minimal amount of testing, so don't use it for something
important.

Have fun and happy new year.