[Speex-dev] Speex - Real time??

Mo Win mowin.dev at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 23:33:33 PST 2005

Hi. I tried encoding a raw PCM file to Speex in my Windows Mobile device and
it took about 45 seconds to encode a 10-second file. I had FIXED_POINT
defined and used speex_encode_int. The device has an ARMV4 400 MHz
processor. Question: Is this behavior expected or is it possible to encode
speech to speex real-time such that I can record speech directly as speex in
my device? What, if any, can be done to speed up encoding time? As expected,
decoding was no problem. I was using version 1.1.10.

Thank you for all the help,
Monica